1. Drink more water. We all know that drinking enough water is essential for good, hydrated skin. I have to admit: I simply do not drink enough water! In fact, I’d say I’m way below average in the water intake department, which I’m not happy about. I guess it’s no wonder that I have the skin of a crocodile! So in 2013, I’m gonna kick dry skin to the curb by chugging more H2O!
2. Find more cruelty-free brands. There’s simply no reason for animal testing. It’s been proven and we all know it, so why is every beauty product not carrying the cruelty-free seal? Some of my favorite brands like Urban Decay and Anastasia Beverly Hills are cruelty free, and in 2013 my goal is to find more makeup and skincare brands that are against animal testing.
3. No more bleach! Ahh, my hair. My poor, poor hair. I’ve done so much to it over the years, I’m surprised it’s stuck around for more abuse. My natural color is a very dark brown— almost black— and I’ve always liked a softer, lighter look on me. So for years my colorist has had to resort to bleach to lighten my hair. And though she’s always been careful and conservative about the way she uses the harsh chemical in my hair, it’s still caused quite a bit of damage. So, in 2013, I’m sticking strictly to color highlights and no bleach. I’m just going to soften it up with some chocolatey brown highlights and embrace healthier, stronger hair!
4. Leave my cuticles alone. I don’t bite my nails, but I have to admit I do pick at my cuticles all the time. It’s horrible! I’m a girl, I should have pretty fingers. In 2013, no matter how stressed I get, I am not touching my cuticles!
5. Make anti-aging a priority. I started educating myself on anti-aging products when I entered my 20’s and began using products in an effort to prevent aging rather than have to fix it later. In the last couple of years, though, I’ve been less concerned with keeping my skin looking young. I’ve been doing just the minimum: Wash my face every night, apply a moisturizer, and never leave the house without sunblock. That’s good, but not good enough! I’ve lost track of my strict routine of applying eye creams, serums, and hydrating masks because my schedule has become so hectic. This year, I’m getting back into the anti-aging game! I’m 28 years old… My skin should be a priority.
6. Clean and disinfect my brushes regularly. I think we often forget how much bacteria and pore-clogging crap lives on our makeup brushes. And then when we break out for no reason, we wonder where it came from! In 2013 I’m going to make it a point to clean my brushes at least every two weeks. And ever since I discovered the Cinema Secrets Professional Brush Cleaner, this’ll be easier! All you have to do is dip your brush into the solution and wipe on a clean washcloth. This stuff not only cleans brushes, but it also disinfects and conditions, keeping them in good shape for longer.
And there it is! A very doable list of beauty goals for the new year. What are your beauty resolutions for 2013??