I love darker shades of lipstick, but I’m very particular about the colors I pick. Berry, brick, eggplant, crimson… They can be dramatic, which is good when you wanna be dramatic. But sometimes I feel like rocking a red lip that’s more suitable for daytime and not so eye-catching. I recently tried out the NARS lipstick in Gypsy and I’m officially hooked on this shade! It’s pretty incredible because I can apply lightly and get a slight berry flush to my lips, or I can build and get a deeper (and gorgeous) shade of muted red. Simply beautiful!

Here’s a little tip, though: You can jazz up this sheer lipstick with a little bit of a metallic finish…

nars_gypsy

First, apply NARS lipstick in Gypsy.

nars_gypsy

Next, take MAC Paint Pot in Indianwood and grab a little bit of product with your finger…

nars_gypsy

Apply to just the center of your lips, top and bottom, being careful to blend out with your finger. Concentrate on applying at your cupid’s bow for an extra highlighting effect.

nars_gypsy

And there’s an easy way to add a little metallic dimension to an already gorgeous color. I just love the bronze finish on this look… Give it a try!

nars_gypsy

14 Comments on MY NEW FAVORITE LIPSTICK

1. Binita
    January 23, 2013 at 12:08 pm (1 year ago)

Gorgeous!! I love the lip color to start..and with the gold over it!! STUNNING! I am definitely going to try this!!

2. Lunisa
    January 23, 2013 at 2:56 pm (1 year ago)

I love the lip colour not so much with the gold I don’t think it would look good on me…but you look gorgeous as always
    Xx

January 23, 2013 at 7:18 pm (1 year ago)

Beautiful colour, everything and anything suits you even if you we’re to wear a garbage over you, you would still look stunning! I need your help in terms of the lipgloss that you wear…. My lip colou is more red than pink…how do I get that nice natural lip colour that looks like yours?

January 23, 2013 at 7:20 pm (1 year ago)

And the red not coming through the lipgloss ? Thanks

January 23, 2013 at 9:02 pm (1 year ago)

You should try a lip stain. Lip stains tend to be matte and really deposit color onto your lips, so if you got one that was light pink, it might cancel out the red. I would stay away from wearing a clear lip gloss, because that would only accentuate the red. Go for a blue-based pink (meaning like a bubblegum pink, not a peachy pink). That should do it!

January 24, 2013 at 12:25 pm (1 year ago)

Awww thank you for responding so quick… I bought the TARTE lip gloss in “DOLLFACE”‘ however it looked clear and my lips still looked red….. If you could please suggest a few lip colours that would be awesome!!
    Thank you…..and your work is incredible!,,, let’s not forget that stunning beauty of yours! Xo

January 24, 2013 at 12:26 pm (1 year ago)

And where would I get a lip stain from?

January 24, 2013 at 4:00 pm (1 year ago)

You know what, let me recommend this: It’s not quite a lip stain but it’s VERY opaque so if you’re looking to drown out the red in your lips I think this one might be a better pick… It’s called LIP TAR by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, you can find it at Sephora stores and Sephora.com. If you get it in a color like “Digitails” it’ll make your lips super pink, and it’s a long lasting product.

January 24, 2013 at 4:22 pm (1 year ago)

You are the best!!! I will try that!, thank you so much for responding! I really respect that Teni!
    One more question? Any suggestions of nice natural colors that would suit me?

Thank you! Xo

8. Melis
    January 24, 2013 at 8:03 pm (1 year ago)

Love your videos and advice!! Can you please do a ‘favorites’ video? I would love to hear all of the makeup products you really love to use! Thank so much! :)

January 24, 2013 at 9:11 pm (1 year ago)

Sure, I’ve gotten quite a few requests for that so I’ll work on it!

9. Tania
    February 7, 2013 at 12:55 am (1 year ago)

I find it hard to wear lipsticks and liners because my bottom Lip is always so chapped that lipstick does not apply smooth even if I put Chapstick on before I still end up looking like an ill zombie patient. Do you have any recommendations for ways to prep your lips before applying lipstick?

10. Esmeralda
    December 18, 2013 at 7:54 pm (7 months ago)

Love this trick! What do you have on your lips before applying Gypsy?