THE BEST BRUSH KIT

sigmabrushes

I’d been hearing so much about Sigma Beauty and I finally got the chance to try out their brushes! I got my hands on the Make Me Blush Essential Kit, which includes all the brushes below. Though I’ve heard great things about Sigma’s makeup, I’ve heard even better things about their brushes… And now I know why! For one thing, this is is a pretty comprehensive kit; it’s got 12 brushes, both for your face and eyes. My absolute favorite brush in this set is the Large Angled Contour: Until this brush, I’d never really been able to apply bronzer in exactly the way I like… This brush makes it so easy to contour! And there’s practically every eyeshadow and liner brush you’ll ever need in this kit.

IMG_9246 IMG_9248

And here’s what’s really impressive about this kit: It’s $120!! If you calculate the individual cost of each of these brushes from any other brand, you’re looking at hundreds of dollars, at least. Go to your nearest MAC and check out their brushes… One brush will cost you anywhere from $30 to over $50. Considering these Sigma brushes are high quality and you’re getting 12 brushes, it’s an absolute steal. I get a lot of questions about the brushes I use, and most of the time I use scattered brushes from different brands. But with the Make Me Blush Essential Kit you’re getting everything you need in one kit! (And it comes in a durable carrying case that you can easily use for travel.) Head over to Sigma Beauty to pick up yours and check out the other brush sets as well… You might find something else you like! And here’s another little treat: For the month of February, use code BASE2013 to get 10% off your purchase!

sigmabrushes2 IMG_9251

21 Comments on THE BEST BRUSH KIT

1. VRAPHAELIA
    February 6, 2013 at 9:44 am (2 years ago)

Hi Teni,

I have been using my Sigma brushes for the past 2 months and I’m loving them, however, after watching your tutorials, I have ordered the bdellium brushes and anxious to try these as well. Which ones do you like better?

Thanks

February 6, 2013 at 9:46 am (2 years ago)

Honestly I love them both, I think they both make excellent brushes! I just hadn’t tried Sigma and now that I have, I love them.

2. Lindsay
    February 6, 2013 at 10:40 am (2 years ago)

I am so excited!! I just emailed you earlier this week about brushes and you told me to keep my eye out for Sigma Brushes!! I went to the website and actually, the Essential Kit (original) has the exact same brushes, every one, for only $98. I love a good deal. The only difference is the Essential Kit are black and The Make Me Blush Kit are pink and comes with a case. Thanks Teni!!

February 6, 2013 at 12:53 pm (2 years ago)

I’m glad you found a kit you like!! I think you’re going to love these brushes :) to be honest, I kinda like the black handles a little better… it’s chic!

February 6, 2013 at 11:03 am (2 years ago)

Yes I agree, I’m hoping that I will like the bdellium brushes….. The Sigma brushes are so much affordable than the MAC ONES… don’t get me wrong, I love MAC but you get your money’s worth with the Sigma brushes.

Just wanted to highly recommend to you the BUXOM lipped creme PINK LADY!!! I love love this color….. I know your into the pinks & coral colours, but you need to try this one, if you haven’t already. It’s a gorgeous colour!

BTW, I’ve been trying to find out the ANASTASIA pallete from “SHE WEARS IT WELL” pallete and have no luck. I live in Canada and its all sold out here. Ive even gone on ebay… no luck :-(Any suggestions where I can find it?

February 6, 2013 at 12:50 pm (2 years ago)

ahhh I just checked the Anastasia website and they’re sold out there too :( your best bet is to do a Google search for it, I’m sure there must be an online retailer somewhere that will have it! I’ll keep an eye out, too.

February 6, 2013 at 1:33 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks Teni, I even called the Anastasia in Beverly Hills because I was so desperate to get the pallete lol..the girl that I was speaking too said, they dont ship to Canada. She even went on this website called ULTA! No luck!!! :-(
    Let me if you find something for me! Xo

5. Julia
    February 6, 2013 at 6:21 pm (2 years ago)

Oh boy, just got a bunch of Bdellium brushes you recommended, but now I want to try these amazing Sigma brushes too! What girl could ever have too many brushes? :)

February 6, 2013 at 11:20 pm (2 years ago)

haha, it’s never too many ;) you’re going to love the Bdellium brushes. If you find that you’re missing certain brushes, try getting them from Sigma… I think they’re both great!

6. Emily
    February 6, 2013 at 6:44 pm (2 years ago)

i love love sigma brushes! Especially the tapered crease brush – it makes it so easy to apply a darker color into my crease! However, I got a sample eyeshadow palette with one of my orders and they are awful! I used my UD primer underneath but by the end of the day the colors were horribly creased and faded. Even my cheap Covergirl eyeshadows worked better.

February 6, 2013 at 11:21 pm (2 years ago)

thanks for that note!! I will have to investigate further on the eyeshadows ;)

7. Ju d'orange
    February 7, 2013 at 3:54 am (2 years ago)

Is there any difference between the essential kit, the make me crazy kit and the make me blush…? for me they look the same ^^

February 7, 2013 at 8:04 am (2 years ago)

Nope. no difference!! Just different handle colors :) pick your favorite!

8. Katie
    February 7, 2013 at 11:01 am (2 years ago)

Hi Teni,
    I noticed that you and Sona both rarely use a beauty blender. I have one but I also have the bedellum brush you guys always use to apply foundation. Is there a reason you prefer one over the other?

February 7, 2013 at 11:25 am (2 years ago)

Honestly, for me, it’s because I’m too lazy to clean it lol. It’s kind of a chore to clean the beauty blender, whereas cleaning my brushes is a breeze with my brush cleaner. And it’s much quicker when I use the brush. So I do like the beauty blender very much, but I’ll only really use it if I want to use a wet sponge for a dewy look.

9. Kate
    February 7, 2013 at 11:51 am (2 years ago)

Makes sense! I agree too. Cleaning it is a pain and it never really looks clean. I own the same Sigma set and the large angle contour brush is amazing for when I apply my bronzer. You’ll be obsessed. :)

February 7, 2013 at 12:32 pm (2 years ago)

Already am!! It’s my favorite!!!

10. Olivia
    February 9, 2013 at 4:59 pm (2 years ago)

I tried my first Bdellium brush #776 actually I bought two of them and I must say it is now my favorite brush and I have almost every MAC brush for eyeshadow & blending they make. Thanks Teni for all your tips. I can’t wait to get more!

11. TheFashionistachic
    February 9, 2013 at 10:49 pm (2 years ago)

I just watched your brush video. Ironically when you spoke of the smaller blush brush that was given to you, saying you liked the smaller brush. I thought of angled MAC brush that I have. I purchased my first Sigma brush back in the fall. I also picked up the brush drying roll. I was happy with the entire purchase. I am tempted to pick this up too.

12. Tess
    April 24, 2013 at 4:14 pm (1 year ago)

Do you notice any difference between these and their synthetic brushes? (unless I’m mistaken and these are vegan, I know you try to use all cruelty free products which is why you’re one of my favorite makeup artists out there!)

April 25, 2013 at 3:30 pm (1 year ago)

No difference! I have some of their vegan brushes as well, and they work beautifully both on powder and cream/liquid, so I can confidently recommend them.