… Only I would get this excited over organizing! I recently got my hands on a few of the Z Palette makeup palettes: They’re empty palettes that come in different sizes and they’re magnetic, so you can arrange your powders, blushes, eyeshadows, and other makeup in any way you want. When I first got these palettes, I went right to work popping all of my shadows, blushes, and bronzers out of their original packaging and sticking them in these convenient organizers. I personally don’t like having a bunch of different products floating around in my makeup collection; consolidating into a few palettes is a dream come true! The best part? You can arrange and rearrange as you please. Since you’re sticking the makeup onto the palettes with a magnet, moving them around is a breeze.

Here’s what I’ve done so far, I’m consolidating my bronzers and favorite blush colors into this large leopard palette:

IMG_9440 IMG_9441

Many cream and pressed powder products come in tins that’ll stick to a magnet… Got some makeup that won’t stick to a magnet? No problem. Each Z Palette makeup palette comes with metal stickers that are super thin and stick right to the bottom of your makeup to make it instantly magnetized.

IMG_9446

This MAC blush didn’t have a metal base, so I took one of the Z Palette metal stickers and it was ready to stick!

IMG_9445 IMG_9449

Here’s what else you can do with Z Palette: Take their empty metal pans and fill them with your favorite lipsticks, concealers, or other cream products.

IMG_9448

My favorite palettes are the Black – Large Palette and the Pro Leopard Palette. I think I’ll put some of my favorite lip products in the small hot pink palette… And I can even toss it in my purse when I go out. Perfect! Check out zpalette.com to see all the available (and affordable!) palettes, and have fun organizing!

IMG_9447

7 Comments on THE ULTIMATE MAKEUP ORGANIZERS

1. Binita
    February 18, 2013 at 9:00 pm (1 year ago)

I love this! I am always looking for ways to consolidate! These would be perfect for travel…I have been mixing and matching my MAC eyeshadow palettes (holiday editions) for a while. Now, if I could only get the colors out without cracking the eyeshadow…I use a very thin pin to pry them out of the palettes. I do this for the urban decay palettes too (like the NYC book of shadows palette) do u have any tips for that?

February 19, 2013 at 9:31 am (1 year ago)

Try this: Hold a lighter up to the bottom of the eyeshadow so it loosens the adhesive that holds the eyeshadow in the package. That’ll help get it out easier! Also, if you’re buying from MAC, ask them for “refills” instead of the shadows that come in the black package. This way you’ll get just the eyeshadow in the tin.

2. Olivia
    February 25, 2013 at 4:16 pm (1 year ago)

I have had my Z Palette for about a month ago & I love it!! I have been able to consolidate a lot of makeup,
    making room to buy more ;) I depotted all my eyeshadows & even went as far as depotting my quad palettes that I have from MAC and it worked like a charm! I used the oven method suggested by Z Palette and placed 2 shadows or one quad palette at a time on wax paper at 225 degrees for 2 mins watching them closely (but it all depends on your oven). Z Palette suggests 200-350 degress for a few minutes in the oven but I would start at the lowest temp first! And of course you must remove the lid of the quad palette and pop the individual shadows out of the plastic container so you only have the small plastic bottom left. (There are many You Tube videos available on how to depot eyeshadows) I have not done the straightening iron method. I don’t know about you girls but I am to afraid to ruin my straightening iron (they aren’t cheap).
    I can’t say enough about how amazing & genius the Z Palette’s are! I would however suggest buying extra magnets because I have the MAC shadows (the refills with the magnetic base) and the MAC magnet was not strong enough to hold itself in the Z Palette it just kind of slid around the palette and I felt they would fall out and break into tons of pieces so I put the magnetic stickers they send with the palette on its perfect! The large palette comes with 20 magnet stickers so make sure you buy more especially if you have MAC refill shadows like me and don’t think your going to use the magnetic stickers, because your going to need them. They cost about $5.00 for 30. Also if you do break a shadow the Z Palette says to saturate the broken shadow with alcohol, smooth with a spatula and let it dry. I am sad to say but when depotting this did happen to one of my shadows (out of 33) so I did what they suggested and it worked really well.

February 26, 2013 at 6:27 pm (1 year ago)

Gosh, Olivia, these are such great tips!!! I haven’t even gotten into putting all of my makeup into my Z Palettes yet, so I’m definitely using these tips when I get down to it! Thanks :)

3. Sherriann
    February 26, 2013 at 10:24 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Teni! Can you please list out the products in these pics? Thanks!

February 27, 2013 at 9:38 am (1 year ago)

Sure– the round bronzer is the MAC Mineralize Powder in Dark, the pearly blush next to it is a limited edition color from over a year ago– I don’t remember the name but I know they don’t sell it anymore. The bronzer on the top right corner is Hoola by Benefit, and the blush and bronzer below it is the NARS duo in Orgasm/Laguna.

4. Olivia
    March 7, 2013 at 11:19 am (1 year ago)

Teni, after all the amazing tips, new products and honest opinions you share I am happy to finally share a tip or two with you.