I think we can all agree that Beyonce’s halftime performance at the 2013 Super Bowl was the best we’ve seen in years! And needless to say, she looked STUNNING. I’ve recreated her Super Bowl look: Instead of getting really glam with a lot of liner and false lashes, she kept that earthy warrior look by going with a smokey gray shadow and just a touch of bronze sparkle. Here’s what I used:

The Vice Palette by Urban Decay (colors: Desperation, Black Market, Penny Lane, and Jagged)
Urban Decay Heavy Metal glitter in “Midnight Cowboy”
Stila Kajal Eyeliner in “Onyx”
Origins GinZing Mascara
Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in 153
Two Cosmetics blush in “Chic”
Hoola Bronzer by Benefit
Benefit Full Finish Lipstick in “Mod Squad”

Brushes:

Sigma “Make Me Blush” kit
(also available with black or purple handles)
You can get the brush set here.

21 Comments on VIDEO: BEYONCE SUPER BOWL MAKEUP

1. Emily Jenny
    February 7, 2013 at 11:46 am (2 years ago)

LOVE this tutorial! Definitely have to try it out.

xo
    Emily
    Stiletto Beats

2. Lindsay
    February 7, 2013 at 12:50 pm (2 years ago)

I love that you’re using the brushes you just blogged about!! I def need to get the Mac concealer/highlighter pen. I have such bad circles under my eyes no matter how much sleep I get. Also, I really like the blush you used in this tutorial!! I look forward to Thursdays now, just to see your next video haha

3. VRAPHAELIA
    February 7, 2013 at 3:48 pm (2 years ago)

Girl, I know you have mentioned that your not a make up artist, however, your INCREDIBLE….. Love your hair color BTW… You look soooo exotic! :-)

How come you used the prep +prime in a different shade, are you more tanned now? I know you use the the light boost.

I have to say that since I started following you, I have splurged and spent soooo much money on almost all the products you have used! Keep using the ones you have, I have to stop shopping!LMAO… The Sephora girls laugh at me since they see me once a day! Lol

February 7, 2013 at 5:51 pm (2 years ago)

haha, yes I’m actually more tan!! I figured since I was trying to do a Beyonce look, I would try to mimic her caramel skin tone a little. I actually love mixing the “Light Boost” and the “Bright Forecast” together, that works great too!

February 7, 2013 at 6:24 pm (2 years ago)

How did you get that glow? Do you spray tan yourself, or someone actually does it for you?

Also, where did you get your glass jars from that you put you brushes in?

Thanks

February 10, 2013 at 10:10 am (2 years ago)

Yepp I airbrush tanned myself! I’ve been using the Million Dollar Tan, which I absolutely LOVED, but I also tried the Belletto Studio airbrush tanning product and it gives a beautiful bronze glow. Two of the best tanning products I’ve tried.

5. faryanna
    February 8, 2013 at 2:45 am (2 years ago)

Gorjuz! Btw out of topic Teni, would you paste the link of this website where we can get our discontinued items?I remember you posted it Im not sure on ur blog or utube ?

6. Annie
    February 8, 2013 at 1:26 pm (2 years ago)

Ok pretty lady, I must know: How do you get your brows that perfect shade of dark brown? It was the first thing I saw on this video! I watched your brow tutorial and you’ve mentioned bleaching…so do you have any tips/precautions about bleaching brows? Mine are jet black but my hair is dark brown like yours. People say I look Persian/Italian so my black eyebrows aren’t abnormal for my features, but I do want to soften them ever so slightly! I’m only concerned about them turning orange or upkeep (as I’ve read on some people’s warnings). Help! You seem to be a pro at them. I, like you, am a major brow perfectionist! I notice them first thing! Oh, and do you still use the Anastasia brow color in brunette?

February 10, 2013 at 10:08 am (2 years ago)

The best thing to do is to leave the facial bleach on your brows for just about 90 seconds-2 minutes. If you have JET black brows, go for 3-4 minutes. Just keep wiping off a little bit to see how the color is changing and if it looks like the right shade, just wash it all off. And yes, I use the Anastasia brow powder in Brunette :)

• Kay
        March 30, 2013 at 9:33 pm (1 year ago)

Can you tell us which facial bleach to use? I also have black eyebrows but dark brown hair probably from my middle eastern half. Would love to know how to get the right shade because right now the dark eyebrows wash me out making me look super tan and Im always worried about (as the other viewer mentioned) the warnings on it.

Thanks and keep up the good work! :-) love your videos!

• Kay
          March 30, 2013 at 9:34 pm (1 year ago)

I meant to say super pale LOL :)

March 31, 2013 at 11:24 am (1 year ago)

Here’s the one I’ve used and like: http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/jolen-creme-bleach-kit-for-hair/ID=prod7174-product

There’s also one by Sally Hansen that I’ve tried and it works great too! The best thing to do if you’ve never tried bleaching your eyebrows before is just leave it on for about 90 seconds and wipe off. See if you’re happy with how much they’ve lightened; if not, put it back on and try another 2 minutes. Do this until you’ve achieved a desirable shade. You definitely don’t want to leave it on too long and end up with a color that’s too light. Especially for those of us with very dark hair, it tends to turn out orange if left on for too long.

7. Emmanuelle
    February 9, 2013 at 7:43 am (2 years ago)

Hi from France,

I juste LOVE this tutorial…I know you are not a professional but you are very very good!
    Thank you!

8. La Tanya
    February 9, 2013 at 4:03 pm (2 years ago)

Hi!
    Let me start of by saying that you are a very beautiful and talented woman! I enjoy your channel and your blog.. I have a couple of questions because I am impressed by the artistry behind your videos. How do you get the lighting to look so great and what camera settings do you use? Its probably the best ive seen on youtube.. Looks great and keep up the good work.

9. Mira
    February 11, 2013 at 5:18 am (2 years ago)

Awesome tutorial. Love this look <3
    xo

10. Mona
    February 15, 2013 at 1:04 pm (2 years ago)

Love how you keep it simple. You don’t complicate things. And the bronzer blending on the crease is genious.
    Love this look! It was super easy to make. I wore it yesterday for V-day. Dinner at Katsuya w hubby and my little ones.
    I think w all your lighting, the make up doesn’t look as dark as it actually gets. ( I didn’t apply much) but this is a nice makeup to know! Thank you.

And super thanks to using the vice palette! Please make tutorials w it every now and then. I would love to know how to fully use my palette.

You are a talent woman :)

February 17, 2013 at 1:02 pm (2 years ago)

I’m glad you found this tutorial useful, Mona! I love to know that readers/viewers are actually wearing these looks when they go out :) It makes me happy!! And I will definitely be doing more tutorials with the vice palette… It’s too good not to use over and over again! xo

11. Monica
    February 16, 2013 at 8:00 pm (2 years ago)

Hi teni! So I have been to 3 sephoras and they are all out of the vice pallete and are saying that they will probably not be making them anymore. Do you think you can let me know other products I can use to achieve this look? I really want to do this eye on me!! Help!
    Monica

12. natalie cohen
    March 14, 2013 at 7:54 am (1 year ago)

you are usually use hd foundation by make up forever number 123. here you used the 153. which one is you prefer? (i have the same skin color like yours)
    kisses from israel

March 14, 2013 at 8:44 am (1 year ago)

If I’m not tan, I use 123. But if I use a tanning lotion on my face, I use 153 :)