SPRING MAKEUP: PURPLE & PEACH!

IMG_0164

I love these colors together… It’s perfect for springtime and it’s still an everyday, wearable look. I used The Resort Palette from Sigma to create this look… Check out my tutorial on YouTube!

I used Topaz, Papaya, Moonbeam, and Luna on my eyes, as well as the Earth Goddess eye pencil. I also used the Heavenly blush and the Luminesce highlighter for a radiant look.

On my lips I have the Girlactik Star Gloss in “Just Nude,” and to fill in my eyebrows I used the IT Cosmetics Your Brows But Better pencil. On my lashes? One of my favorites: Origins GinZing Mascara!

Be sure to pick up The Resort Palette, and for the rest of April, use code AAM2013 to get 10% off your order!

IMG_9943 copy IMG_9953

11 Comments on SPRING MAKEUP: PURPLE & PEACH!

April 25, 2013 at 2:58 pm (2 years ago)

Hi Teni,

This is one of my favourite tutorials, purples make your brown just pop…… If you don’t mind,can you please let me know, which colours would you recommend in MAC,thats the closest to the peach and purple you are wearing?

Thanks a lot

April 26, 2013 at 8:28 am (2 years ago)

sure– I would say Motif for the peach, and Purple Haze for the purple. :)

2. Jay
    April 26, 2013 at 1:43 am (2 years ago)

Beautiful look and the colors suit you so well! A video tutorial please!!! Or at least more details on where u put what maybe with a photo showing more your lids. Thank you Teni :)

April 26, 2013 at 8:36 am (2 years ago)

Oh, but there IS a video :D check out the link above in the first paragraph :) enjoy!!

3. Casey
    April 26, 2013 at 9:34 am (2 years ago)

So pretty Teni!!! I absolutely love this tutorial!

Quick question: when I tried this look, or any look, I always contour with either hoola or, currently, a smashbox bronzer under my cheekbones with an angled brush. But unfortunately, my boyfriend often points out how it looks like I have an area of my face with extra brown and i guess it just isnt as natural looking. I try to use less product and a more highlighter (mac prep and prime) but maybe i should stick to highlighting and so a VERY fine contour? I just feel like my face really benefits from contouring and highlighting and don’t know where to put my bronzer if not under my cheekbones for contouring D: Help!

Love, Casey

April 30, 2013 at 6:38 pm (2 years ago)

Hi Casey, it’s very important to use a very light hand when you’re using a bronzer to contour… Especially Hoola, it tends to make skin look ‘dirty’ if it’s not applied correctly. Try this: When you’re holding your brush, hold it just with your index and middle finger and your thumb. This will make the brush feel more ‘light’ in your hand. And when you go to apply, just barely touch the brush to your face and begin applying. This way you’ll be able to control just how much is going on your face and you’re allowing for a well-blended look by not pressing the brush to your face so closely. I hope this helps! If you watch some of my videos where I apply bronzer and contour, you’ll notice what I mean with the ‘light’ hand. I’ve been drawing and painting for years so I’ve mastered the light hand, it just takes a lot of practice so keep trying it and you’ll get it. :)

April 30, 2013 at 6:40 pm (2 years ago)

One more thing! When you dip your brush into the bronzer, give it a little tap before you apply…. You can just tap the handle against any surface to get some of the product off, this will also help :)

April 26, 2013 at 6:03 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks Teni, Ialways appreciate you responding to me… Your such a doll! :-)

5. carmen falero
    April 27, 2013 at 2:39 am (2 years ago)

I love your tutorials, following you from Spain…thanks for making them so easy!keep doing it so nice!
    Carmen.

6. Donata
    May 5, 2013 at 4:46 am (2 years ago)

I love your tutorials,your blog, make-ups I think you are one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen:) Love your face!!!wish some of the products you use were available in Europe… anyway thanks to the internet I have found you;)greetings from Poland! Donata

7. Ava
    May 16, 2013 at 6:32 pm (2 years ago)

I REALLY like your videos but the added music is SO distracting. Have you gotten this comment from others? I hope you consider stopping the music and just instruct/comment. Keep up the great work! I’m also watching your Bronze Smokey Eye from May 2012. Love it but really couldn’t stand the music there either and decided to check to see if you were still using music on your current vids.