BEST EYESHADOW PALETTE BY LORAC | MissMaven.com | Beauty Blog
ProEyeshadow_PaletteOpen-medium

If there was an award for most well-rounded eyeshadow palette, it would undoubtedly go to the LORAC Pro Palette. This 16-shade palette has quickly become my go-to; whether it’s a natural, everyday look or a sultry smoky eye I’m going for, I can create practically any look with the Pro Palette.

It’s got the perfect balance of light and dark colors as well as matte and shimmery shades. And the matte shades are unlike anything I’ve ever used: They’re so, incredibly soft and velvety!! They’ve got a very powdery texture that allows for maximum blending.

Here’s another bonus with this palette: It’s got enough neutral shades that you can use it to fill in your brows, too. It also comes with a mini eye primer, which I highly recommend using because the colors will go on more true and, of course, the shadow won’t budge.

Here’s something I personally love about this palette: It’s incredibly thin and compact. A lot of palettes tend to be heavy and bulky, but this one’s even thinner than an iPhone 5 with a magnetized closure. I just love everything about this palette!

Check out my swatches below; they’re in the same order as the palette in the photo above.

lorac

Note: My arm might look oddly textured and leathery in the photo— it’s from a burn accident from when I was a kid. So it’s not the shadows, it’s my skin!

28 Comments on A MUST-HAVE PALETTE

1. Kate
    May 27, 2013 at 5:32 pm (1 year ago)

I love that you made a post about this palette – thank you! I have been going back and forth between the Lorac Pro and Urban Decay 2 eye palettes for 6 months now (don’t ask). After seeing your swatches and reading your review, I’m definitely going to take the plunge and purchase this one. Would it be possible for you to make a few tutorials using this palette for your readers?

Love your blog and videos – look forward to what’s ahead!

May 27, 2013 at 10:17 pm (1 year ago)

Yes of course! I will actually have a smokey eye tutorial this week using the Lorac Pro Palette :) In the coming weeks I will also do a more natural look with this palette; I just LOVE the pale matte shades.

2. Maya
    May 27, 2013 at 9:39 pm (1 year ago)

Can you do some tutorials with this? Looks so much more useful than the Naked2 I just bought.

May 27, 2013 at 10:17 pm (1 year ago)

I’ll have one this week :) and definitely more.

3. Silvia
    May 28, 2013 at 3:22 am (1 year ago)

I feel often frustrated because I can’t find easily these products in Italy. But…no problem! I have an Amazon account! I love your tutorials, you was of inspiration for the new me after two pregnancies. I needed to feel woman again. Thank you. As subscriber, I am waiting for your new tutorials.

May 28, 2013 at 8:28 am (1 year ago)

Thank you!! Look forward to a new tutorial on Thursday :)

4. Izabelle
    May 28, 2013 at 5:10 am (1 year ago)

I loved the colours and I can´t wait to watch your tutorial!

5. Simi
    June 1, 2013 at 2:29 pm (1 year ago)

Hi, these swatches look sooo pretty!! Do you think this palette is similar to the Naked palette?

Thanks!

June 2, 2013 at 10:05 am (1 year ago)

Yes, they’re fairly similar. But the pro palette has more dark and light neutrals and matte shades, the naked palette has more shimmers and more of the same range of colors. Love both, though!

6. Bri
    June 2, 2013 at 9:25 pm (1 year ago)

How much is this one?

June 3, 2013 at 8:58 am (1 year ago)

This one is $20; I believe all the large palettes are 20.

7. Myriam
    June 3, 2013 at 10:44 am (1 year ago)

Hello Teni, this palette is absolutely gorgeous but I can not find it in France! I’m too sad lol!
    I have a question for you over the banana luxury powder, I’d like to know what color you used to take exactly the same ^ ^
    I never get tired of your videos they are always great :)

June 3, 2013 at 10:54 am (1 year ago)

Hi Myriam, thanks!! The Luxury Powder color I use is actually called “Banana.” :) It’s the yellowish color. There’s one that’s more fair and more suited for complexions with pink undertones, it’s called Buff.

8. Kelly
    June 5, 2013 at 10:27 am (1 year ago)

Just curious – was this gifted to you?

9. Myriam
    June 9, 2013 at 9:18 am (1 year ago)

Okay thank you Teni. I hope to have the powder this week, I can not wait any longer! :)

10. Sofia
    June 19, 2013 at 1:12 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Teni, just a quick question. Could you recommend any similar palletes to this one please? I live in the UK and I cant seem to find it available here. Many thanks x

June 19, 2013 at 4:00 pm (1 year ago)

Do you have access to Urban Decay in the UK? Their Naked 1 palette is similar to this, you can also try their Naked 2.

11. Sophie
    June 22, 2013 at 9:17 pm (1 year ago)

I am looking to purchase a palette with neutral brown, taupe, grey, and black shades but I find whenever I do a black or grey smokey eye it looks blueish and I want to avoid this. Would you recommend this palette, the Naked 1 or Naked 2 or any others? I have olive skin dark brown hair and dark brown eyes.

Thanks so much! xox Love your blog :)

June 24, 2013 at 8:37 am (1 year ago)

If you want to stay away from that bluish look, go for this palette. It’s got very true neutrals and you can make it as dark or as light as you want.

• Sophie
        June 24, 2013 at 10:32 am (1 year ago)

Thanks so much Teni! :)

12. Sofia
    June 25, 2013 at 3:54 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Teni, thanks for your response. We do have Urban Decay in the UK so I will try their Naked pallettes, thanks again! x

13. Farhaana
    October 25, 2013 at 9:06 am (9 months ago)

Hi Teni, i always look forward to your reviews! After seeing your review i am in love with this palette. However in canada we are practically sold out everywhere! My cousins and i have been on the hunt for this product. Do you know of any other online companies that ship to canada? Thank yoh so much!

14. joy
    November 2, 2013 at 9:17 pm (9 months ago)

Teni, can you tell what would be the best Lorac palette for hazel eyes. I love all the different lorac palettes but I can’t decide which one to get. Unzipped, little black palette, Pro palette, Pro to go… what do you think? Also, I’m looking at the sigma eyeliners as well. Which would be the best colors to make my hazel eyes to stand out. Any advice would be greatful.

November 6, 2013 at 12:01 pm (9 months ago)

Anything with purple/burgundy and champagne tones is great for hazel eyes. The thing with hazel eyes is that you can make them pop with a lot of colors! But the purples and plums tones will bring out the green in your eyes. Also, neutral colors like browns and champagnes are beautiful with hazel eyes. So maybe get one of the LORAC palettes since they have neutrals (try the little black palette, I think that’s best for hazel eyes) and get a plum color from the Sigma pencils.

15. JOy
    November 8, 2013 at 1:08 am (9 months ago)

Thanks Teni, I will take your advice and get the little black palette. for the sigma pencils, extended eyewear in Declare is what I was thinking of… thank you so much for your advice. YOU ARE AWESOME AT WHAT YOU DO!

16. Lizzy
    May 12, 2014 at 6:51 am (2 months ago)

Teni, after seeing your recommendation, I decided to purchase this palette. It looks really cool and gorgeous! pls do more tutorial by using this palette, especially for natural everyday make-up.

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on A MUST-HAVE PALETTE

1. [...] may remember a smokey eye I did a few weeks ago using the Lorac PRO Palette, which is my go-to palette these days. For Fall 2013, Lorac is releasing two versions of their Pro [...]