A lot of the makeup I use for my tutorials tends to be on the pricier side, and many of my subscribers on YouTube have been requesting a drugstore makeup tutorial… So here it is!! I did an entire look from foundation to lipstick using only drugstore products, and my total ended up being about the same amount as one high end foundation! It’s a neutral everyday look that anyone can wear, especially since it’s easy on the pocket book!

drugstore drugstore2

14 Comments on VIDEO: DRUGSTORE MAKEUP

1. Teresa
    May 10, 2013 at 9:21 am (1 year ago)

Love the look! Do you have any tips for finding a drugstore foundation when you can’t test it in the store? Thanks!

May 12, 2013 at 7:07 pm (1 year ago)

ahh, that’s a good question. That’s one of the negatives of drugstore foundation: The colors are much more limited. I think for the most part people are able to tell how light/dark to get their foundation, but the key is to find whether you need a warm or cool tone foundation… I usually look for foundations that have that yellow/ashy tint to them because I’m olive. If you’re very fair and had pink undertones, look for a cool tone foundation. If you put a yellow-based foundation and a pink-based foundation next to one another you’ll notice the difference. But what I usually do when picking a color is I’ll hold it up to the inside of my wrist and compare. :)

May 10, 2013 at 6:13 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Teni….I’m really impressed with the drugstore products and how gorgeous they look… But then again look who I’m talking to Miss Gorgeous!!! it’s too bad they don’t sale Neutrogena bronzer in Canada. :-( do you think Target has it?

Are you wearing tanning lotion, or is tithe camera that’ looks dark? If its the camera, did you take a picture from the tutorial?

Thanks , hope you have a beautiful weekend!

May 12, 2013 at 7:07 pm (1 year ago)

Sadly this tutorial came out a bit darker than I expected, so it’s the lighting, not my tan! And yes, Target does carry Neutrogena. :)

3. Stef
    May 11, 2013 at 4:32 am (1 year ago)

I adore your hair like that ! how did you do it ?

May 12, 2013 at 7:08 pm (1 year ago)

I think I will have to do a tutorial, everyone is loving it ;)

4. Elizabeth G;pry
    May 12, 2013 at 5:42 pm (1 year ago)

is that it? I mean you don’t have a GLOW – what about the primer, tinted moisturizer, gloss, and brows???!!!

5. Vera
    May 15, 2013 at 6:33 am (1 year ago)

Hi Teni, great work as usual! I already had the majority of the products that you used (I love the foundation and concealer from this line since last year) so I will try to recreate this look and post it on my blog :) I also have the Maybelline’s Beige for Good for a few months and the shade is so lovely and very day time appropriate! Love it, happy that you also like it. I wanted to ask whether you have tried the Color Tattoos from Maybelline and your thoughts on it. Much love, Vera

May 15, 2013 at 8:38 am (1 year ago)

I’ve tried the color tattoo in the purple color, and while it’s a beautiful color, I would only recommend it if you’re going to wear it by itself. You can’t blend over the color tattoo with any other shadows or creams, it breaks up the color and gets very messy. So by itself it’s great if you just want a pop of color, otherwise I’d try something else. :)

• Vera
        May 15, 2013 at 9:37 am (1 year ago)

Thanks!! :)

6. Teodora
    May 17, 2013 at 10:30 am (1 year ago)

Hi Teni , I really like your blog, and you are the only beauty bloger that I follow ,I am impressed with your tutorials and PLEASE make a tutorial for this look http://instagram.com/p/ZZtIqll7rO/ !
    all the best :)

7. best natural shampoo
    July 2, 2014 at 5:29 am (3 months ago)

Low iron can be detected by laboratory tests and can be corrected by taking iron pills.

‘ Only men can take Propecia, it is not recommended for women and children. When running your own home business,
    it is important that you have your own office.

8. Morgan
    May 16, 2013 at 4:09 pm (1 year ago)

What is a good makeup (drugstore) for people with very oily skin? I am having a hard time finding anything that doesn’t make my face even worse.

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on VIDEO: DRUGSTORE MAKEUP

1. [...] favorite beauty blogger, Teni of MissMaven, is at it again with her latest makeup tutorial. All the girls here at SINGER22 love watching her [...]