FALL FAVORITES

IMG_0252

I haven’t shared my most recent favorite products lately, so I’ve got a good handful of my faves for the fall! As we transition into the cooler months, it’s an exciting time for makeup because it means we can go back to mattes, dark shades, and overall more dramatic looks. Here are my current favorites!

Motives Liquid Powder Mineral Foundation in Almond

IMG_0265

I don’t even know where to begin with this foundation, there are so many things I just love about it. For one thing, the color is spot-on perfect for me! It’s got a nice yellow undertone, (as do many of the other color options) and the texture is incredible: It dries to a matte finish, but it’s still a very creamy formula that makes my skin look absolutely flawless! I just cannot say enough about this foundation… It’s my new favorite! You can get this at motivescosmetics.com, and be sure to use referral code “missmaven”!

LORAC Perfectly Lit Oil-Free Luminizing Powder in Radiant

IMG_0270

I always have a tough time with powder highlighters or luminizers simply because of the texture of the product; it just never blends into skin well enough and just sits on top of skin, creating a not-so-pretty appearance. But the LORAC Perfectly Lit powder just hit the mark! It’s a powder, but once you touch it you can feel its super silky texture, and when it goes on it blends right in and doesn’t look like I just packed a shimmery powder on top of my skin. I couldn’t ask for a better glow for the fall and winter! And it comes in three shades, so take your pick.

Flower Kiss Stick Velvet Lip Color in Petal Kiss

IMG_0263

This one’s a throwback favorite (as you may know, I love this lip color!) but I picked it up the other day and put it on… And fell in love with it all over again! It’s got a matte finish, but it never dries out my lips; I can always rub my lips together and still feel that creamy formula. And the color is absolute perfection!! To call it a “blush nude” would be a disservice to this beautiful shade of lipstick. It’s got just the right amount of that mauve/pink but it’s still a soft, neutral color. Note to self: Try the other colors!

Motives Nail Lacquer in Venom

IMG_0267

I feel like the first thing we reach for in the fall is a deep, almost-black eggplant nail color. It’s a classic choice for the season! This year my favorite is the Motives Nail Lacquer in Venom: It’s a super dark shade of purple/wine, and it goes on nice and opaque. Perfect for fingertips or toes!

Sigma Blush in Blackberry Essence

IMG_0264

Yes, you’re looking at a purple blush. A purple blush that looks absolutely gorgeous on!! It’s the perfect matte shade of berry to complement your fall makeup looks. Whether you’re using deep browns, plums, or neutrals, this blush will give you the most beautiful flush of color. (Look out for it in an upcoming video, I’m kind of obsessed!)

Bobbi Brown ‘Rich Chocolate’ Eye Palette

IMG_0269

I’m always looking for a solid neutral eyeshadow palette, and this is it. Especially because it comes with a double ended brush! I’m a big fan of Bobbi Brown’s richly pigmented shadows, and this selection of neutral brown, taupe, mauve, and beige (and a couple of shimmery shades) is ideal for creating practically any look. And remember: Matte is in for the fall.

Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes – Hydrating

IMG_0271

The original Neutrogena Makeup Remover wipes are a favorite for practically any makeup artist and makeup aficionado. I usually stock up at Costco. I just recently discovered their ‘hydrating’ version and I’m loving it!! Especially for someone like me (dry skin, wah wah) this stuff is perfect for soothing my skin as I take my foundation and eyeshadow off.

15 Comments on FALL FAVORITES

1. Alice
    September 23, 2013 at 12:10 pm (1 year ago)

Great selection of favourites! I’ve been trying so hard to resist getting that bobbi brown palette but everyone is talking about it I just have to have it! That nail polish is nice too, I love those kinds of colours for the fall! xx

2. Jill
    September 23, 2013 at 12:45 pm (1 year ago)

Can you do a review on this foundation?

September 24, 2013 at 10:46 pm (1 year ago)

I’ll be debuting it in a video later this week ;)

September 24, 2013 at 6:32 am (1 year ago)

Hi Teni… Hope your well, and looking gorgeous as always.

I’ve been a huge fan of Scott Barnes for awhile now, and I do own some of his makeup products which he no longer carries. He loves using creme foundation instead of liquid from his line. What brands would you recommend on creme foundations that you would purchase? Sephora here in Canada only carries NARS.

Oh, and what lipstick are you wearing in your hair tutorial?

Thx xx

September 24, 2013 at 10:50 pm (1 year ago)

Cream tends to create a heavier finish than liquid, so I’m very picky when it comes to cream foundations! I’m surprised the Sephora in Canada only carries NARS… I’m a big fan of the Bobbi Brown foundation stick which is a cream foundation, and Motives also makes a cream foundation quad that I have and love. (They also ship to Canada.) I would also look into Laura Mercier!

And my lip gloss in the hair video is by Bobbi Brown, it’s called Pale Pink :) xx

September 25, 2013 at 3:54 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks for responding! I actually have the Bobbi Brown stick I do like it, however, you know when you want a change and your kind of bored of your products? Well that’s me right now!☺️Lol! As for Laura Mercier I looked into it and apparently the girl at Sephora said they discontinued the creme foundation. Although I do want to try Motives, the only thing is, I’m very fair and I’m afraid that I will order the wrong shade colour. I usually wear 120 in Make up Forever HD foundation, and 120 FIT ME Maybelline… (Help pls) lolol.

Also, I’m actually so curious to see how the Sigma Blush in Blackberry looks, because I do want to order it but I need to see it on first.
    To be honest I have never owned a purple blush besides pink/peach/neutral. Lol….. You need to wear it take a pic or a vid, and let me know if you love it, or you could do without ! Xx

September 26, 2013 at 1:37 pm (1 year ago)

I’m doing a video coming up in the next 2 weeks using the blackberry blush! I’m in love with it! Can’t wait for you to see it :)

September 26, 2013 at 4:07 pm (1 year ago)

I can’t wait either! Thx koukla!

6. Farwa
    October 4, 2013 at 9:34 pm (1 year ago)

This stuff looks amazing! Wana try it all. Also you might like “Pearl” cream color base from MAC, as ur highlighter. I am dry as a bone lol and I have been using that highlighter for years now… Love ur videos and they have inspired me to start blogging too, I just hope I can get some courage and get off my lazy butt (:

7. Veronica
    October 13, 2013 at 11:56 am (1 year ago)

I was wondering, as far as a (matte) foundation to use during the fall and winter what do you recommend? I’ve been using the benefit flawless one for awhile now but wanted to try something different.

October 14, 2013 at 10:15 am (1 year ago)

Have you tried the Amazonian Clay foundation from Tarte? It’s not necessarily a ‘matte’ foundation (close to it) but I think the finish is so beautiful. I’m not normally a fan of matte foundations, but I just recently tried the Motives Liquid Powder Mineral Foundation and it blew me away. The matte velvety finish is just gorgeous! Lastly, the Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet Foundation is also a great pick.

8. JOy
    November 12, 2013 at 8:59 pm (1 year ago)

will you please do a look with the bobbi brown Rich chocolate palette? I have no idea what to do with it.

9. joy
    December 1, 2013 at 5:19 pm (12 months ago)

if you can’t do a look with the bobbi brown palette could you just give me an idea on how to wear it? thanks

December 3, 2013 at 9:43 am (12 months ago)

I will work on a video or a pictorial very soon.

10. Joy
    December 4, 2013 at 12:02 pm (12 months ago)

thanks Teni, you rock!