neutrogena

I’m always getting questions about which drugstore skincare products are the best, and that’s always a tough answer. Using the proper ingredients on your face is paramount, and many times the less expensive drugstore brands pump up their products with less expensive ingredients, making them marketable but not effective. So when I do find a good drugstore skincare product I am thrilled to share it with you!

Enter the Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser. You have your choice of the creamy formula for more dry skin and the foaming formula, which I actually opted for. The ingredients list on this cleanser is very short, so that was already a plus before I tried it! And I noticed it’s formulated without parabens, it’s hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and oil-free. That’s pretty major for a drugstore product. But then again, Neutrogena is a frontrunner in the skincare game, so no surprise there.

I’m so impressed with how gentle this cleanser is: I can have a very heavy cream foundation on, and with just one wash with the Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser and not only is all of my makeup off, but my skin feels soft. Even though it’s a foaming formula, there’s nothing soapy about this cleanser… It’s gentle yet powerful.

There are other similar products on the market, but most of them contain questionable ingredients that leave me concerned. I can confidently recommend the Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser to those of you who are looking for a good, standard daily face wash that’s easy on the pocketbook!

9 Comments on DRUGSTORE SKINCARE PICK

1. Millie
    October 10, 2013 at 3:11 pm (12 months ago)

Thanks for recommending! Do you still like using Cetaphil? Or do you feel Neutrogena’s formula works better?

October 10, 2013 at 4:34 pm (12 months ago)

This is definitely a big upgrade from Cetaphil. :)

2. Miriam Morales
    October 13, 2013 at 7:45 am (12 months ago)

I’ve been wanting to try this. Cetaphil is usually always recommended but I actually did not like it for my skin type. Thanks for recommending! I will definitely be trying this one out real soon.

3. Shakila
    October 16, 2013 at 7:51 pm (12 months ago)

Hi Teni,
    I love your blog! What shampoo/conditioner do you use? A while back you had recommended Joico K-pak. Do you still like this product? I have naturally wavy hair. What hair products do you also recommend. Thanks!! :)

October 16, 2013 at 8:43 pm (12 months ago)

I still use that but I rotate with my Schwarzkopf Rescue Repair Shampoo and Conditioner, and I also use the Rescue Repair mask. Could not be happier!!

4. Sharon
    October 23, 2013 at 8:25 pm (11 months ago)

Hi Teni! I love your blog, your videos led me to it! It’s just refreshing to some across someone with the same skin tone as me who has sound advice! Could you do a review on Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer? Have you used it before?

October 25, 2013 at 8:29 am (11 months ago)

You know, I used the Positively Radiant lotion a few years ago and I remember really liking it! Especially for a drugstore brand, it does a really good job of evening out your complexion, so I give this one a thumbs up. :)

5. Vanessa
    January 16, 2014 at 2:10 am (9 months ago)

Is it gentle enough to remove eye makeup (as you did with the Cetaphil in your video)?

6. Judy
    February 22, 2014 at 12:07 pm (7 months ago)

What moisturizer do you use for daytime/nighttime?