MY TRAVEL ESSENTIALS

travel

The last week has been so crazy with travel plans, and as I type this I’m on a plane to NYC so the madness continues! It’s hard to keep up your daily routine when you’re traveling, but I have my beauty essentials ready to go on any trip.

My skin is dry to begin with, but traveling just sucks what little hydration I have left right out of my skin. So on top of consuming even more water than usual, I like to board a plane with a hydrating mask on. I know it sounds odd, but it doesn’t look like a typical facial mask; it’ll just leave a dewy layer over your skin. I like using the Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Masque: I just leave it on my skin for the entire plane trip and rinse it off once I get off. (Or if they come around with a hot towel, that’s also a great way to remove the mask.) I used to use the Kiehl’s Brightening Botanical Hydrating Mask but I believe it’s been discontinued, so the Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Masque is my current favorite!

As for my nightly routine when I’m traveling, it’s not much different from my routine at home: I have to have my Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil with me, (and the smaller sizes they come in are perfect for TSA standards! This time I took the Fresh Pore Clarifying Gentle Cleansing Oil and I loved it.) as well as my Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil, which is the only thing I apply at night before bedtime when I’m away from home. (At home I apply a gel before and follow with a moisturizer after, but this oil is so amazing on its own that it’s all I use when I travel.) In the morning I apply my Murad Essential-C Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 30, but since I was in Los Cabos these past few days, I also took along my Neutrogena Healthy Defense Liquid Moisturizer: It’s a super lightweight formula with an SPF 50 that I reapplied several times throughout the day without the slightest hint of greasy skin, I love this sunblock! Finally, I’ve got my Ole Henriksen Total Truth Eye Creme that’s got an SPF 15 for daily use.

I like to toss some makeup wipes in my purse as well just as a backup in case I need to take off my makeup away from my baggage. I love the So Fresh So Clean Cleansing Wipes: They come in little compact travel sizes so they take up very little space. And lately I’ve also been taking along my LashFood Natural Eyelash Conditioner, which I apply every night before bed. (Don’t wanna miss a night since it’s been working really well for me! Definitely not leaving town without this stuff. Full review coming soon!)

All of these beauty essentials are clear for carry-on baggage under TSA rules, so I just put them all in a ziplock bag so I can go through security check without a problem.

12 Comments on MY TRAVEL ESSENTIALS

1. Alice
    November 4, 2013 at 1:54 pm (12 months ago)

The Kiehl’s overnight masque sounds really nice! It’s refreshing to hear something else spoken about instead of the Origins Drink Up Mask that everyone talks about! I always love all of your skin care recommendations!

xx

November 4, 2013 at 6:50 pm (12 months ago)

Ooooh, I’ve never tried the Origins mask! I will have to. :P

2. Sophie
    November 4, 2013 at 2:51 pm (12 months ago)

I was just wondering do you think it is necessary/good to use a face primer and what are your favourites aside from Murad dewy one?

November 12, 2013 at 9:20 am (11 months ago)

I personally see a difference in the way my foundation looks when I use a primer. Lately I’ve been trying the Heir Atelier Ultimate Makeup Prep and it’s awesome! It’s a very light formula and it packs a lot of good-for-your-skin ingredients. It smells like eucalyptus too so it’s soothing. That’s another favorite!

3. Nida Muhammedi
    November 4, 2013 at 11:23 pm (12 months ago)

Osmotics Age Prevention Protection Extreme SPF 45 is AMAZING :). I love your recommendations so I definitely have to check out some of these items!

4. Marie
    November 10, 2013 at 7:01 pm (12 months ago)

I am also always traveling. I guess I need this Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Masque. Thank you very much for sharing this. I am so excited to use it :)

5. Mindy
    November 26, 2013 at 3:06 pm (11 months ago)

Love your reviews for skincare products, especially any face mask/exfoliation recs… I love exfoliating and moisturizing. I’m 31, and a mama of two little girls–I am intrigued by your reviews for the more high-end products, but right now it’s not in our budget. I feel like it’s tough to find more affordable options, esp for face masks! What I’ve tried just isn’t what I’m looking for… so maybe I just need to invest anyway lol. Just out of curiosity, do you ever use Burt’s Bees? If so, what are your thoughts on the brand? (I looove their lemon cuticle balm…but haven’t tried much else.) Thanks!

6. Meghan
    December 14, 2013 at 1:41 pm (10 months ago)

Hey Teni! I was curious if you could do a video all about chemical peels and what kind of peels you’ve used, liked, etc? I have been interested in getting a chemical peel but would like to see your personal opinion!
    Thanks!!

7. Katherin Martinez
    January 4, 2014 at 11:04 pm (10 months ago)

Hello Teni, I have a questions about this I have a very sensitive face and with anything it can get irritated and it can even peal with products like clinique that was my last product i used and i even tried proactive and my acne got worse i dont know what to do no more what to use. Can u help me out?
    I would love to try this product out too

January 12, 2014 at 1:31 pm (9 months ago)

Clinique and Proactiv both use very harsh chemicals. Try a product line that’s more natural and organic. :)

8. Dianne Zafra
    January 22, 2014 at 2:14 pm (9 months ago)

Hi Teni! When you use sunblock (with SPF 42 for example), is it a must to use a cleansing oil? Is soap or other non-comedogenic cleanser not enough to unclog pores? Also, what sunblock brand do you recommend for daily use of oily skin?

January 22, 2014 at 3:49 pm (9 months ago)

not a must at all, in fact I prefer cleansing oils for getting mascara and eye makeup off mostly. A non-comedogenic cleanser is just fine. :) There are two daytime creams with SPF that I love: Ole Henriksen Truth Revealed Super Creme and Murad Essential-C Day Moisture.