SWATCHED: GALAXY CHIC

IMG_9711

I get a lot of comments asking about more affordable eyeshadow palettes, so when I find one I like, I’m excited to share it!

BH Cosmetics sent me their Galaxy Chic Baked Eyeshadow Palette, and I was eager to try this for two reasons: The range of vivid colors is perfect for the upcoming seasons, and I’ve never tried baked eyeshadows before. So when I put these shadows to the test, I was pleasantly surprised to see they were so nicely pigmented! I’ve swatched the colors below, and here’s a tip when you use these: If you’re laying down a base color, only using one color all over, or using a lighter color to highlight your lids, use the shadow wet. Take the shadow with your brush and give it a spray (either with something like a setting spray or even a spray bottle of water) and apply; it’ll make the color show up much more intensely.

IMG_9713

(shadows are swatched in the same order as the they’re arranged in the palette)

IMG_9714

10 Comments on SWATCHED: GALAXY CHIC

1. Kasey
    January 13, 2014 at 1:23 pm (10 months ago)

Have you tried the brushes from BH cosmetics? If so, how do you like them? Think they’re worth it?

January 13, 2014 at 6:26 pm (10 months ago)

I’m sorry, I haven’t tried them!! :(

• Kasey
        January 13, 2014 at 10:48 pm (10 months ago)

Mm, darn. Thank you for responding. I know some of the brushes got good reviews but I personally like to hear reviews from gurus that I trust. You’re one of the few gurus whose opinion I trust. Hope you get to try them one day. Hopefully the ones I purchased lives up to all the rave people gave it.

January 14, 2014 at 9:16 am (9 months ago)

If you’re looking for high quality brushes that are inexpensive, I can recommend Sigma, EcoTools, Pirouette Professional, and Bdellium Tools. Those would be my top choices. I don’t purchase anything like MAC brushes because the quality is terrible and they’re extremely overpriced.

• Kasey
            January 14, 2014 at 10:52 pm (9 months ago)

Thank you for the suggestions! I really wish I asked before purchasing the brushes from BH cosmetics. Now I have to wait a few years before I purchase new ones so I don’t just buy, buy, buy. Thanks for the responses. I’ll let you know briefly how the brushes are – if you’re interested. Thanks again.

• Paulyne
      February 16, 2014 at 4:46 pm (8 months ago)

Hi Kasey ! I’ve tried some of them and yes, they’re totally worth it ! :)

2. Omaima
    January 13, 2014 at 2:16 pm (10 months ago)

Wooow c’est très jolie, just fantastic colors!!

3. Melissa Mellie
    January 14, 2014 at 10:00 pm (9 months ago)

Amazing..!! I am loving these different colors and I will definitely go for it.

4. Haley
    January 25, 2014 at 9:58 am (9 months ago)

I have a few of these shadows! I really like them. Their pigmentation is great. I just posted a beauty essentials blog post on my new blog. Check it out, please! http://theartofthepursuit.blogspot.com/

5. Manleen
    May 20, 2014 at 1:14 pm (5 months ago)

Please do a tutorial using this pallete maybe a pink cranberry eye tutorial