cargo

When it comes to foundation or any sort of base, I’ve pretty much tried everything: The good, the bad, and the ‘why do they even make this stuff?’

The trouble with a lot of these products that claim to make your skin look perfect in one way or another is that they’re gimmicky. All these different technologies and ‘patent-pending’ breakthroughs sound great, but do they really work? It’s been my experience that the vast majority do not, but out of those dozens you’re likely to find one or two that do.

Recently I discovered a product that I had pretty much blacklisted as a total gimmick and not worth trying, ever. You remember seeing those ads for the white cream that ‘adjusts’ to your complexion? And do you recall trying that product only to find that it not only doesn’t match your complexion but all of a sudden you have this pink cast over your face?

Gimmick.

After being certain I’d never try a product like that again, I happened upon a product by Cargo called the Picture Perfect CC Cream. The claim, again, was that the cream comes out white, but once it touches your skin it adjusts to your unique color. Was I hesitant? Yes. But I’d always had such a great experience with Cargo products that I figured it was worth a shot. I was at the GenBeauty Cargo booth when I discovered the product and the Cargo rep said it was going to blow my mind… And it did.

She took my hand and applied the white cream to the back of it. I began blending the cream into my skin and right before my eyes it turned into my skin color. Olive/yellow undertone and all! Later, I put it to the test on my face: Sure enough, the color went from white to Teni in a matter of seconds. And if you’ve been following my blog for a while, you know that one of my biggest complaints is that foundation is just never olive or ashy enough for my complexion. It simply blew my mind that this light-medium coverage CC cream fully adapted to my color. And the finish? A perfect blend of dewy with a good amount of coverage for a light cream. (If you apply a second layer it actually builds in coverage a little.)

The cream comes in a 3-shade range: Light, Medium, and Medium-Dark. I use the Medium and it’s perfect for me. I really cannot say enough about this product; it’s my new favorite base!

Check out this magic CC cream in action in my Waterproof Summer Makeup Tutorial.

8 Comments on MIND BLOWING MAKEUP

1. Alyson
    July 9, 2014 at 8:52 am (2 months ago)

Girrrrrrl, we totally have the same problem! 8/10 foundations are always too pink for my skin tone – so frustrating!!! Excited to try this CC cream out…if you give the stamp of approval, I gotta try it. :)

xx Alyson
    beauty-vanity.com

2. Dianne
    July 9, 2014 at 2:28 pm (2 months ago)

I was wondering if this make up is available in Australian it looks wonderful! I am 64 yrs old widow and suffer from arthritis so consequently take a lot of meds. In the last 2yrs I have had 2 hip replacements and 1 knee replacement so lots of anesthetics.

My skin looks awful and I have been thinking of changing products, I watched the video and loved the look of this product.

Thank you for your time.

Dianne Skene

3. Sheena
    July 10, 2014 at 9:53 am (2 months ago)

It’s harder I think for medium/tan/darker skin to find the perfect match for foundation. There’s always the problem of it either being too light or too dark. This product seems interesting enough! I might try it :)

4. mira
    July 10, 2014 at 9:04 pm (2 months ago)

I saw how that Cargo worked in your video and I was totally in love! Great thing you have a blog post about it too – great video and post. You’re always on point. xo

5. Sabira Bukhari
    July 14, 2014 at 7:22 am (2 months ago)

I saw this in your tutorial and was blown away! I’ve been looking the UK websites that stock Cargo and there is no sign of this. Do you know when it will be launching in the UK?

6. tanya
    July 16, 2014 at 2:08 am (2 months ago)

Hey teni, i just love all your videos, you are so inspiring and helpful.I need a help i love natural look so i wanted to buy a tinted moisturizer but the cc cream review made me confused lol,which one should i go for? i believe i’m kinda your skin tone i’m an asian i’m mac nc 25-nc30
    can u suggest me a good not expensive like laura mercier but like mac nars tinted moisturizer? or should i go for the cargo cc cream?
    with love from bangladesh :D

7. mayeline
    July 30, 2014 at 6:46 pm (1 month ago)

Hi, I really love your tutorials there so informative, and you always do great looks. I like how you always show or post the info of the product you used that is so helpful in trying to achive the look. Keep up the good work :)

8. Kate
    July 31, 2014 at 9:45 am (1 month ago)

The go-to foundation for a LOT of makeup artists: FACE atelier’s Ultra Foundation. It’s a TRULY PRO line, silicone based (no primer required), highly pigmented, the color range is amazing (even for women of color), and shades may be tweaked with Zero Plus, Zero Minus, and even Zero Plus Plus. It’s conducive to ALL skin types, and gives an incredible finish.